IPL 2012 Squads Current Cricket Series and Schedules Live Scores and Updates
Tracknfieldgear On June 23, 2011


Yuvraj Singh, who is missing India's ongoing tour of West Indies with a chest infection, has announced he is fully fit and ready for the England tour. "I am 100% fit for the tour," Yuvraj said. "I am sure most of the other seniors who are battling respective injuries would be fully fit for the tour. I am really looking forward to the tour."

Yuvraj played a key role in India's World Cup victory, scoring 362 runs and taking 15 wickets to pick up Player-of-the-Tournament honours. He is one of several first-choice India players along with Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Zaheer Khan to sit out of the West Indies tour that follows a stuffed IPL season that began five days after the World Cup final.

"I have played under Sourav Ganguly, MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir," Yuvraj said. "I have played under so many captains. And Gautam and MS came to the team five years after I got integrated in the team. There has been no such thing. I play for my country and not for captains." The only time Pune's campaign made the headlines was when they signed Ganguly for the final stages of the event, after he had been ignored by all franchises at the auction.

"Sourav and I share a very good relationship," Yuvraj said. "He supported me a lot during my initial years in international cricket. And I think it was my time to support Dada as he wanted to play in the IPL. We had very good communications during the IPL season. We had good plans and I hope that we will have good plans and approach in the next season of the IPL also."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top