IPL 2012 Squads Current Cricket Series and Schedules Live Scores and Updates
Tracknfieldgear On July 23, 2011

Praveen Kumar takes his maiden five-for at the 'Home of Cricket.' "It's a dream to obtain five wickets at Lord's. It is very special. I didn't mind bowling that many overs since I do bowl 30-35 overs in domestic cricket. In Zaheer's absence, I had to take on that responsibility," stated the right-arm swing bowler who now has 17 Test wickets.

Praveen picked up 5 for 106 and kept coming at batsmen even though there was slight support from the other end. Praveen, who was wicket less on the first day, said he didn't bowl in a different way on Friday though it being the older ball, he did put in more effort.

"I bowled the same as I had on the first day. But since it was an older ball, I did try to put in extra effort." Praveen didn't find anything strange in Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni turning his arm over on the second afternoon. "We were a bowler short. Somebody had to contribute with 7-8 overs. Dhoni did the right thing."

Starting Blocks

More Sports News

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top