IPL 2012 Squads Current Cricket Series and Schedules Live Scores and Updates
Tracknfieldgear On October 25, 2011

South Africa's Caster Semenya has named former world and Olympic champion Maria Mutola as her new coach after split with Michael Seme. Semenya, who was topic to a long inquiry into her gender after winning the world 800 metres title in Berlin in 2009, revealed she met Mutola by chance before this year's championship in Daegu, where she won silver behind Russia's Mariya Savinova.

I want to thank Michael for his entire great job sic during the last three years with me,Semenya said in a declaration released by her agent.We have had a lot of success, but during this year and particularly the last few months I have been thoughts about my own career often.

I was preparing alone the last four weeks for the world championships in Daegu and I met Maria Mutola before my flight to Korea.”She was giving me great ideas for the games. Maria has been my idol since I started to run. After Korea I was asking Maria if she is interested in coaching me. Her answer was positive and I am very happy now.

Maria has had a long and super winning career. She will be a great teacher for me.Mutola, who retire from athletics in 2008, added:This is a huge challenge for me to start with Caster.She is a great young sportsperson and already she has done very well. We have still a long road to go if we want to be the number one in London next summer.


Caster just needs to take the last steps to be a expert athlete.I want to use all my knowledge to help her to be grateful for what it means to be on the top. It is much easier to get to the top than to stay there.


sports equipment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top